Hell's Kitchen is reportedly set to return next year more than a decade since it ended in the UK. Gordon Ramsay is said to be gearing up to bring back the culinary competition following the success of the franchise elsewhere.
Fronted by Gordon, now 58, the show debuted on ITV in 2004. The first series featured celebrity contestants like Amanda Barrie. The head chef then left the show, which continued for another three seasons, including one that featured members of the public as contestants, until it came to an end in 2009.
Following his departure from the show, Gordon launched Hell's Kitchen in the US on Fox in 2005. He's remained on that international version, which concluded its twenty-third season earlier this year, since then.
There was speculation last year, though, that Gordon was in talks to return with a revival of the show in the UK. It's now been reported that he could bring Hell's Kitchen back next year, with it teased that he's expected to be head chef again. He's also said to be considering opening restaurants here with the show's name, following similar ventures in the US.
A source told the Sun: "Fans of the show will be doubly thrilled by the prospect of the competition coming back and being able to dine in a Hell's Kitchen restaurant over here. Business-savvy Gordon has watched as the popularity of Hell's Kitchen in the US has helped bring in thousands of customers to his restaurants."
The source said that it's a "smart move". They said: "The programme is broadcast in more than 100 countries around the world, so between tourists visiting Britain and developing a whole new audience for the telly contest in the UK, it's an incredibly smart move on his part."
On January 27 this year, Gordon has trademarked the Hell's Kitchen name in the UK so that it can be used in restaurants, as well as for entertainment purposes and sound and video recordings. The trademark was added to the register on April 18, and is set to be renewed on January 27, 2035. It suggests that they could open immediately after the show is revived on ITV.
It would follow the previous launch of a chain in the US bearing the Hell's Kitchen name amid the success of the series broadcast there. Gordon opened the first restaurant, which is located in Las Vegas, in 2018.
That branch, described as the world's first Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen restaurant, is located in front of Caesars Palace. It's said to seat more than 300 guests.
Its website states that the restaurant - which includes a red and blue kitchen, reflecting the teams divide on Hell's Kitchen - draws "inspiration" from the TV show. It promises that "guests will feel like they are on the studio set".
Gordon has since established several other Hell's Kitchen restaurants across the US. Other locations include Atlantic City, Miami and Washington D.C.
In a message on the chain's website, chef Gordon teased that the restaurants offer "nostalgia". He said: "There is a lot of nostalgia behind this concept of Hell's Kitchen.
"The restaurant on set is exactly the same as the one we have built here, from the (colours of the) red and blue teams to the banquets to the chef tables. And then there is the food – everyone is desperate to eat those scallops!"
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Threads.
READ MORE: Weekend Wishlist: 11 must-have shopping picks to elevate wardrobes and makeup bags
You may also like
Thug's chilling five-word threat to woman who he strangled after night out
Kim Kardashian slams Donald Trump's immigration policies and ICE raids
POE 2 free for a limited time only as Path of Exile 2 adds Third Edict content update
Zara McDermott poses with Louis Tomlinson's sisters after 'huge step in romance'
Travis Decker manhunt uncovers bones as missing dad suspected of killing daughters